How to Use Anapen®
Administer in 4 steps
1. Remove the black needle shield by pulling in the direction of the arrow.
When the black needle shield is removed, a small internal grey needle shield will fall out. This is supposed to happen. The Anapen® needle is double capped for safety and sterility.
2. Remove the grey safety cap from the red firing button.
3. Position the needle end of the Anapen® device against the outer part of the thigh. Anapen® can be used through light clothing, such as denim, cotton or polyester.
NB: Anapen® is intended only for intramuscular use. Administer to the outer part of the thigh only, nowhere else.
WHITE END ON LEG | PRESS THUMB ON RED
4. Press the red firing button so that it clicks.
Hold the Anapen® device against the outer thigh for 3 seconds before removing.
Do not stand or walk after administering Anapen®
Always call TRIPLE ZERO (000) and advise ANAPHYLAXIS
After using Anapen®
1) Check the adrenaline has fired
The injection indicator will show red if the injection was completed successfully. If it isn’t red, repeat the steps with a new Anapen®.
2) Recap the device
Use the wide end of the black needle shield to cover the small needle.
Get to know Anapen® with the 3D interactive training tool
Explore each of the Anapen® devices
Watch a demonstration of how to use
Practice the 4 steps
Receive a certificate of understanding
Training & device expiry reminders